This poem was written in response to today’s Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But A Good Time.
‘Tis Friday and my work is done
O look my weekend has begun!
How happy am I, mirth sublime,
to engage in joys non-clandestine!
What joys are these, you ask?
In the sun’s light to bask
a dip in the pool to take
to sit in moonlight by the lake
to listen to the singing birds
to eat naturally grown desserts
to hum a tune or two
to pick my head at an issue
to commune with God in nature
to grow close to Him my Neighbour,
Saviour, King and Friend
looking forward to live life without end!
That is why my heart so swells
the glow in my eye no falsehood tells.
You might also like:
- Daily Prompt: Nothin’ But a Good Time-Planning life | Journeyman
- The Riddle of the Sands | Exploratorius
- The Genie Lied And The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Where in the world is my Postcard? | Greg Urbano
- Master Manipulators: response to Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Let’s Get This Party Started ! | Knowledge Addiction
- Good Times! Daily Post | Destino
- Magical moment | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I can catch that shark with my eyes closed 🙂 | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- couples massage | Life Love Lily
- Nothin’ but a good time | The Shevster’s Space
- Fun | dandelionsinwind