This poem was written in response to today’s Daily Prompt.
A splash of water on my face
the beginnings of that which I can’t contain
trickling down to the base of my spine,
down my arms that are intertwined.
Like rocks falling on roofs of tin
so hard the drops pelt my environment;
cover I seek but no place to hide
in the downpour I must abide.
The overcast sky our joys belies
as the rain merciless summer fries;
Engulfed in loud, horrendous ululation
as the Lord brings peace to a war torn nation
caught in the worst of droughts
making even the strongest doubt
God’s existence; was it not His prescription
that keeled this land in desperation?
But, true to His word,
as I’ve been assured,
He ever will be;
yet three and a half years
felt like eternity!
You might also like:
- #52 | Behind The Forms
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: My Precious – Vinay Sir
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | Under the Monkey Tree
- of power games « Anawnimiss
- Everything I Own Has Alittle Bit of Doghair On It | Katherine’s Daughter
- Precious | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Precious | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | Awl and Scribe
- Precious | for the joy of tiff
- Love’s Invitation | Musings from a practical mystic
- precious | yi-ching lin photography
- How Does Evolution Explain Trust And Spirituality? | The Jittery Goat
- i worry, and i don’t | y
- Mmm. Hobbit porn. (NO! Filthy self, shut up.) | thoughtsofrkh
- Precious imperfection | alienorajt
- My Precious | Geek Ergo Sum
- Winter Wonderland | Blue Loft
- To My Dear and Loving Husband | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Three Categories | The Number FiftyTwo
- My Precious | Active Army Wife
- My Life Partner ! | Dreams to Reality !
- 232. The Precious One | Barely Right of Center
- Imagination or Utopia | crookedeyebrows
- A Letter: | ♥Barb’s Magical Land Of Oz♥
- In The Highest Esteem | Stuphblog