This poem was inspired by today’s Daily Prompt. It’s slightly mature in nature and deals with the not-so-secret secret of men (and women).
Fingers rattle o’er the keyboard
As eyes peer at an almost white screen
As he unsheaths his sword
In salivation of what he’ll see.
His C-shaped body quivers in delight
At images that’ll give others a fright.
His lighted face squeals from pleasure
As he once more studies his treasure
That in a labyrinth he stored
As a dragon guards its hoard.
Fiendish smiles flit o’er his face
As slitted eyes on its gold fixates.
Sirens sing and beckon him in
Mesmerised his ship starts to sink.
His heart is put through its paces
As sirens guide him through exotic places.
Almost that is . . .
Whir, screech, hum
Door closes with a thump
As shrieks of terror
Deprive him of his treasure
Not knowing where his hands to put
He scratches his head, his tongue all mute
Nowhere can he hide
As wife through weeping him chides
From the drain his blood now surges
up until it in flames emerges.
What transpired next we will not say
‘Tis best to leave it for Judgment Day
Suffice it though, the dragon was slain
As his bride the victory claims.
You might also like:
- Little dragon silhouette | Photos to inspire you
- Secret | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Under the Monkey Tree
- What has been heard cannot be unheard… | Angel Frouk
- Hear no evil | Geek Ergo Sum
- Lust overheard | alienorajt
- Secrets | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Moonlight Eyes (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Lock your ear | મન ની વાત
- Keeping schtum. It’s so much easier. | thoughtsofrkh
- Overheard conversations | Kate Murray
- Platonic | Scattered Thoughts
- bukan gambar atau kata-kata | The Frozen Tears
- The One Who Wasn’t There | An Upturned Soul
- She Carries Her Secrets | Prayers and Promises
- Overheard Conspiracy (or Invasion of the Sock Gnomes) | Finale to an Entrance
- The call | Spunky Wayfarer
- DAILY PROMPT: HEAR NO EVIL NOR EVEN GOOD | SERENDIPITY
- The Secret | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Awl and Scribe
- Shhhh… there’s something going on between me and… | Words ‘n Pics
- Daily Prompt: Hear no Evil | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Hear No Evil | Jarime’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Hear No Evil | Basically Beyond Basic
- In the net fo listening | crookedeyebrows
- IS THIS MODIGLIANI GUY DEAD OR ALIVE? | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: Say What Now? | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt – A Poem: Hear No Evil | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
- Hear No Evil | I Write Therefore I Am
- “Hear No Evil” | Relax
- Never Again | Flowers and Breezes
- Ménage à trois | vic briggs
- The Back Hallway | Going New Places!
- Overheard At Work: “Tone Down the Gay”
- The Lurker’s List | 10 Life Lessons From A Nomad Working Abroad
- Secretive baking and Tea cake | A Crazy Chef
- A Birthday Gift | A mom’s blog
- See No Evil, Hear….. | Kansa Muse
- No secrets | Life is great
- Secret- Daily Prompt | The Rider
- Secrets from the Attic….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Hear No | The Nameless One
- secrets | not4faintheartsblog
- Hear No Evil | draccoonian
- Life Changing Eavesdropping | Emotional Fitness
- Hear No Evil | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Hear No Evil | My Conscious Self