This poem was written in response to today’s Daily Prompt.
Writers we are
and writers we’ll be;
we write from the heart
we write what we see.
Sometimes our views leave others confused;
that’s when we write without our muse.
But so it goes, the ink ever flows
as words and thoughts pour out of our souls.
For many years I dreamed of the day
when I could finally write poetry;
so hard it was for me to write,
I racked my brain both day and night.
What joy filled my heart when I took
a pen in my hand, laid it in the crook,
and ink upon the page did spill
as my emotions had their fill.
To my delight and that of others
I wrote a poem without blushes:
funny it was, like I’d wanted it to be,
posted it on Word Press for many to see.
I was elated;
I had just expressed myself
in a poem for readers to delve.
- Dapper Ducks (Expression) | photo potpourri
- breaking the barrier of sorts | wannabepoet
- BROKEN « MY WALL
- Daily Prompt: Express yourself – Time for another vacation | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Under the Monkey Tree
- F You! | Crossroads
- Part 2 – Sang Out Loud | Shiwanidoez
- Duncan’s Monthly Special! #2 | Neva Samaki
- If you love to walk | Nature Activities
- Running Lines | The Ambitious Drifter
- Unsp♡k∈n | ⓜ∈t•ⓐRVh∈∈•n✪iⓐ
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself « Mama Bear Musings
- Thanks That Are, Are Better Than What Could Have Been And Never Was | The Jittery Goat
- Anniemation Floe
- Can anyone teach how to express Anger?? | મન ની વાત
- To my anonymous attacker | alienorajt
- To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Express Yourself – Heartbreak
- My brother | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Express Yourself | Completely Disappear